Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Low pay, priceless rewards

Two of my kids from last year always come downstairs and deliver messages to me. This one was made by Kayla today. I asked her what she drew and she told me the zigzaggy lines said "I love you." So sweet!

Yesterday, Nate (one of my kids) and I had a conversation:

Me: "Nate, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
Nate: "A scientist."
Me: "What kind of scientist."
Nate: "I don't know. A scientist!" (Throws hands up in the air and smiles.)
Me: " You know when I was younger, I wanted to be a marine biologist. It's a kind of scientist that studies things in the ocean. Like fishes and plants." ("And dolphins, and whales, and sharks?" says Carina.) I nod my head and smile at Carina.
Nate: "Oh. Well... you're better as a teacher."

Who says things like that? They amaze me everyday.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! I used to pretend to write in cursive. I would mimic my mom's handwriting by connecting all the alphabets (hehe)

    ReplyDelete